Things to do when you detect water damage:
- The first thing is to stay calm so that you can think clearly.
- Close down water main. Shut of all the sources of water so that the flooding stops.
- After that, shut down electrical breaker in the damaged areas before removing or unplugging any of the electrical equipment from the submerged areas or the wet carpet.
- Call us for water mitigation.
- Put the aluminum foil under legs or feet of the furniture that’s in contact with wet carpet or water. This will prevent the furniture from staining permanently.
- Lift and put the curtains away from water or wet carpet.
- Lift the upholstered furniture skirts.
- Remove fabrics, papers, books, potted plants, shoes and other items capable of staining the wet carpet.
Things to avoid when you detect water damage:
- Avoid using the home vacuum. There is a risk of electrical shock and there can be damage to the equipment as well.
- Avoid placing newspapers in the areas where you or other people will walk. The newspaper ink can easily transfer to the wet fibers of carpet and this can result in permanent staining.
- Don’t walk on the carpet. Only walk when necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to the unaffected areas.
Do Not Delay the Water Mitigation Services:
Shop vacuums or the companies that only have carpet drying equipment can’t prevent the water from damaging the walls, under molding or baseboards. The water penetrates through the floor coverings in to the subfloors, and it eventually causes the damage to the rooms located below.
If the internal humidity of the building isn’t controlled, the undamaged objects that are safe from original flood damage can get ruined because it is absorbing moisture from the air. The structures that are not dried properly or fast enough will serve as food sources for mold. This will later lead to a more expensive mold removal services.
Jenkins Restorations Premium Water Damage Restoration Services
Because we realize that it is very important to act quickly in response to emergencies like flooding from plumbing failures, or water backups because of storms, you can rely on us to provide the most efficient professional services that you can get 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
If you have any questions regarding our water damage restoration services, don’t be hesitant and call us now. Call us now or schedule an appointment. Get started